Tuesday, December 18, 2012

ABY #41: On the go

My 41st ABY: Reliable tires, and a reliable spare

If I could add anything to this, it would be: Everything that I would need to have in a car if I got stuck in any kind of weather, hot or cold.

If you need to evacuate in a hurry, it would be really nice to have everything in the car already that would make it reliable transportation, and any kind of equipment that would help in a situation where it was suddenly unreliable (i.e. jumper cables, oil, jack, etc.) Not too long ago when we were on a trip we stopped to fill up and there was someone there with an Idaho license plate (not unlike ours :) and there was obviously a problem with the vehicle. My husband talked to him and found out that he needed oil for his car, so my husband reached into the back of our vehicle, pulled some out, and gave him a bottle. I don't know if it was enough to solve his problem, but he appreciated it.

For the record, all the credit for that goes to my husband, since I had no idea the oil was back there. And come to think of it, I have no idea if that bottle has been replaced now, either, in case we need it. Better go check.... :) 

No comments: