Friday, May 1, 2009

Not much to see here

For those who haven't had a chance to check it out yet, Tom, founder of the American Preppers Network, along with other contributors, has put together the Swine Flu Pandemic website, with a lot of videos, viewpoints, and advice on the news of the day--all in one spot...

As to Idaho, my understanding according to this (extremely) brief article is that we now have had our first case of the swine flu. Good news is that no hospitalization was needed. Hope that there will be no more cases, but hopefully everyone is prepared if there are....

I did go and invest in some hand sanitizer the other day. I went to Wal-Mart to make said purchases, and was told that they were out except for the trial/travel/incredibly small size, so I got a few. Thing is, when I went to actually purchase everything, there were larger bottles in the check-out line, so I got one, along with the tiny ones. My point---if you go and think they are out of hand sanitizer, check the temptation shelves that stare at you as you wait in line, and make sure that they don't have some there....I personally am keeping the hand sanitizer in storage in case someone gets sick, and using good old soap and water for regular handwashing.

Yeah, I don't have much to write about the swine flu--I'm leaving that to those who know more about it. Hoping for the best, and preparing for the worst....

2 comments:

kymber said...

Great post Marie...and good plug for the Swine Flu Pandemic site!

we have recently purchased a bunch of hand sanitizer for my hubby to use at work and then wash his hands when he returns home...good idea about checking the check-out line for stuff that looks like it is "out".

sorry that you guys got your first case of swine flu...we have 34 confirmed cases in Canada - but aside from everything else - i am using this swine flu as a motivator to ensure that the preps are in for at least 3 months...we are pretty close - how about you?

Marie said...

Kymber--Thanks! We're working more on our 3-month supply of regular meals--we have been working on our long-term supplies for awhile. Just a lot of work to do, I guess... :)
Sorry that you have that many cases up North--have heard that it may not be as serious as originally thought, so I'm hoping that that's the case. I'll never be sorry to have the supplies, though, whether I need them for an emergency or not....thanks for your comment!