Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More food is being donated, but....

Unfortunately, there are more people who need it, so the problem remains. That seems to be one of the main messages of this article about hunger in Idaho. Thought you might like to see what they are saying about our fair state--it's not very good news, but I'm glad that people are giving more to help others out.

We are not much for peppers around here, so we rarely if ever buy them, but I saw in a local grocery chain's ad that they are selling different varieties of peppers for 2 for $3.00. That seemed really high to me--am I way off or is that just extraordinarily expensive? At any rate, it would be cheaper to grow your own, even if the seed packets are also expensive. Hope everyone is planning on some kind of garden this year--maybe I'll grow some peppers.....

No comments: