Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It seems like such a long time...

Basically because it has been. Turns out I had no access to the internet whatsoever while out of town, and no internet access=no posts. If you have come back after such a dearth of posts, thanks for checking back... :)

Went shopping yesterday to find that the local national chainstore had raised the prices on their canned soup that I like to store by $.18. Really disappointing--hope it goes back down soon, but really pretty unlikely considering at least one other store in the area already had astronomical prices on same said soup last time I checked. Here's hoping...

Also returned to find much e-mail to read. One e-mail reminded me of a response I left on Riverwalker's site, Stealth Survival, when he asked what people thought about gun bans. I wrote:

"When I think about gun bans, I think that it's a slippery slope and am concerned for the safety of the 2nd Amendment. I don't want legislation that negatively affects or changes the rights guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution."

In my opinion, the legislation discussed in said e-mail would negatively affect or change the rights guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution, so I am most definitely and assuredly against it. Even though such legislation has not been introduced to my knowledge in the state of Idaho, it could come here as well, and if you are in a different state, you may want to speak your conscience on the issue if such legislation is up for consideration where you live. I present to you the majority of the e-mail that I received on the subject of "Ammunition Accountability Legislation":

Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody will be able to sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun! This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm


As I said, you may not agree with me, but you have to know about legislation to make your voice heard on it, regardless of your position on the subject. If such legislation comes to Idaho, or reaches national levels, I will do my best to make my own views known.

Having seen some pretty unpleasant comments left on other blogs, at least one of which expressed the opinion that the blogger and/or commenter deserved an ugly consequence for his/her convictions, I would say this: even if I were to meet my end by firearm, the bullet, encoded or not, would not have shot itself. The person who pulled the trigger would be "accountable" for that...

No comments: