Monday, February 23, 2009

It's still cold outside...

Was pretty surprised (it's only February, after all ) that when I went shopping, there are winter things on clearance. I picked up a pair of children's mittens that won't probably won't be used for a couple of years, but they only cost somewhere around $1.50. Into the storage they go. Also into the storage? Found a pair of boots for a child in the next size up (so hopefully they will fit) for next year for $5.00. Hope I find more deals like these--planning ahead with good deals is one way to avoid financial emergencies... :)

DaggerD left a comment on my post about obtaining emergency supplies (check there for the full content of the comment), and thus I am able to add a new Idaho blog to my blog list--Idaho Survival Homesteading. DaggerD suggests Azure Standard as a supply source and notes that their delivery rates are good.

Hope you check out the clearance sales, the blog, and the company, and find something you need---gotta love getting a good deal and more information....

6 comments:

idahobob said...

Not very cold up here in North Central Idaho today. In fact, the temp is currently 60 degrees.

I've got spring fever soooo bad, I've been out double digging the garden. Should finish that wonderful chore either Thursday of Friday.

We have been ordering from Azure for a couple of years now. Cannot say enough good things about them.

Bob
III

Marie said...

Idahobob--Wow, that's pretty warm--I was thinking the other day when it was in the 30s, I think, how funny it is that even the 30s seem warm after some of the temperatures we've had...
That's great about your garden--we still have snow, so that particular chore seems like it's on the distant horizon--good luck with that!
I'll have to check out Azure more closely--thanks for your comment!

idahobob said...

Marie,
If you email me, we will send you some additional, helpful info, that is not published in the Azure catalog.

Bob
III

Marie said...

Idahobob--That's very kind of you--I'll probably be sending an e-mail as soon as I finish all the details for an e-mail account set for this site. (Little behind, I know... :) Thanks!

kymber said...

Another awesome post Marie! And IdahoBob - yer making me jealous! I got all of my seeds delivered yesterday and will start them in our solarium - but won't be anywhere near to actually working the garden until may! sooo very jealous!
Please keep up the awesome work that you are doing here Marie - I love checking your site!

Marie said...

Kymber-Thank you very much for your kind words--I've been to your site and appreciated your posts on planting--I just need to find the time to comment! I need to get my own seeds in earlier this year, because last year it snowed so late some of our garden didn't produce as well as we hoped it would. Thanks for the ideas and info you share as well, and thanks for your comment!