Wednesday, December 5, 2012

ABY #28: Nothing like homemade bread...

My 28th ABY: Yeast

If I could add anything to this, it would be: The other basic necessities needed to make bread. And a good bread recipe. And practice making said bread recipe so that there would be less pressure when the bread had to be homemade...

It's always good to have some yeast on hand. What I need to do now is learn how to make and use sourdough starter. :)

Have any easy, basic bread recipes you'd like to share? More info means more options in this case...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a great prepper website called Everydayfoodstorage.net that has wonderful bread recipes, along with Foodstoragemadeeasy.net. I found wonderful, tried and true bread recipes that we use everyday. Another great source is a book called No More Bricks, which teaches more about the art of breadmaking and grains. Finally, if you're all-in for wheat bread, my favorite book is Healthy Recipes from the Heart of Our Homes--geared toward Bosche users. Enjoy! I would start with Crystal's Easy Bread!

Marie said...

Anonymous--I will have to check those out--thanks for all the great info! Can never have too much useful information and/or recipes... :)