Thursday, December 13, 2012

ABY #36: So, sew, sew...

My 36th ABY:  A sewing kit

I could add anything to this, it would be: Knowledge and ability to mend and sew whatever needed mending and/or sewing.

I don't recall at the moment if I have mentioned on this blog that sewing just isn't my favorite thing. I have a lot of work to do in this area. However, it would be good to know how to do the basics--sew on a button, mend a hem, take in and/or let out clothes as needed, etc., should an emergency arise where these skills were needed.  This to me is one of those things that the least thing to be done is to have the materials you need on hand to perform the skill--then if the time comes that you need to practice it, you have something to practice with, and you may be able to find someone that will help you with the actual sewing even if they can't help you with the buttons, velcro, thread, etc. that is needed for the sewing/mending.

Yeah, not my favorite thing, but a great thing to have if you need it in an emergency...

No comments: